Do You Have A Question About Mulch, Planting Or Pruning?
Get answers from our Certified Tree Expert, Paul Biester about mulching, planting and pruning.
MULCHING – Remember this when mulching around trees:
- Not too deep – 2 to 3 inches MAX.
- Never against the trunk.
- Extend out into the drip line as far as possible.
PLANTING – When planting:
- Plant tree species suited for specific sight conditions.
- Dig hole 2 to 3 times the size of the root ball.
- Do not plant too deep. (Top of root ball at or slightly above grade.)
- Pull back burlap and string away from trunk.
PRUNING – When pruning:
- Never allow a person pruning a tree to wear tree spikes.
- Cut branches at the branch collar; leaving the collar intact.
- Never, never ever top trees.
For additional answers to questions you may have contact us at (888) 429-TREE or click on one of the links below.
New Jersey Board of Certified Tree Experts
The Committee for the Advancement of Arboriculture
New Jersey Society Of Certified Tree Experts
New Jersey Arborists, Chapter of the International Society of Arboriculture
Tree Care Industry Association
Tree Buzz – Cool Arborist’s Community
The National Arbor Day Foundation